Frequently Asked Questions
- As of April 10th 2018, All Drop-Off's are no longer accepted.
Picking up property from an inmate:
- Inmates are permitted to release their personal items. They MUST fill out a Property Release Form prior to the release of any property. The inmate has to release the property to you specifically.
- In order to receive an inmate’s property, you must be able to supply proper identification. A photographic Identification is preferred.
Coming to the Correctional Facility to serve a sentence? What you can bring:
- You can bring your medications in the original container. You will not be allowed to take Narcotics while in custody of the Kennebec County Correctional Facility.
- You may bring money.
- While wedding rings and religious jewelry are allowed, we recommend that you do not bring in valuables. We will not be responsible for the loss of valuables.
- All other items will be placed in a property box and returned to you upon release from the facility.
- Every Committal receives two (2) free local phone calls when they come into custody to notify family of their location and arrange for legal assistance.
- If you wish to receive phone calls from inmates at this Facility you will need to setup an inmate telephone account by calling 1-800-844-6591. You can also service or set up a phone account by going to securustech.net.
- Blocking numbers: If you do not want to receive phone calls from someone at the Kennebec County Correctional Facility please contact a Supervisor or the Intake Department and they can block your telephone number from being called.
Inmate Identification Numbers:
- When a Committal comes into custody, they are assigned an Inmate Identification Number. This number enables them to order commissary.
- If you would like to know an Inmate’s Identification Number, please call (207) 623-2270 ext. 1230, and speak with the Intake Officer on duty.